In the last post we pointed to the Travel & Leisure reader’s poll, which we found to have a pretty good round-up of the best hotels in Latin America. Their results for the best spas in the world were quite a bit less varied, with only 2 outside of Mexico. For Mexico anyway, this will give you a good guide to the best places to relax and get pampered.
1. Esperanza, Los Cabos, Mexico
2. Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
3. Royal Hideaway Playacar, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
4. Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico
5. Four Seasons Hotel, Buenos Aires
6. Las Ventanas al Paraíso, Los Cabos, Mexico
7. One & Only Palmilla, Los Cabos, Mexico (pictured here)
8. Paradisus Riviera, Cancun, Mexico
9. Pueblo Bonito, Los Cabos, Mexico
10. Ritz-Carlton Cancun
As I’ve said before, these polls are always going to be a bit flawed. Even the most well-traveled readers can only visit a fraction of the hotels in a region, especially one that stretches from just below San Diego all the way down almost to Antartica.
So for any spa lovers out there, you might want to check into a few other places we’ve reviewed, especially the top hotels in Argentina. The land of vinotherapy has some lovely spas to sample.